Dairy products such as milk are rich in vital nutrients like calcium, B12 and protein, which make them an important contributor to a balanced diet. But besides its health benefits, milk can also be a great addition to your beauty routine. Find out how below!
- Due to its lactic acid content, milk makes for an efficient cleanser and light exfoliating agent. Soak a cotton pad in fresh milk and run it over your face in gentle circular motions. Splash your face with water and continue with the rest of your routine.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of fresh milk with a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of lemon juice, and apply it to your face using a cotton pad. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water; your skin will feel softer and look brighter.
- If you have brown spots, hyperpigmentation due to age or sun exposure, the lactic acid in milk can help reduce or minimize their appearance through its gentle exfoliating and bleach-like properties. Mix couple of spoons of milk in a cup of white flour and use the mixture to massage your face a couple of times a week.
- A banana-milk mask has soothing, moisturizing, and revitalizing effects on your skin, if used regularly. Mash up a banana using a fork, and add a couple of tablespoons of milk. Apply the mask on clean skin and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Milk is also efficient in soothing sunburns. Dab the affected areas with a cotton ball soaked in cold milk or yoghurt.
- Milk is also a great hair conditioner and it has soothing effects for irritated scalp, or affected by dandruff. Mix some milk into your regular hair mask (only use it fresh!) or make your own, with honey, coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of milk.
- To prevent or minimize expression wrinkles, you can try a homemade mask, with 2 slices of papaya, 1/2 tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of milk. You can apply this mask on your face and neck, twice a week.